COVID-19 Safety Measures
We will be following government guidelines and taking all possible precautions to protect the health and safety of both students and staff.
Essential measures include:
- A requirement that people who are ill stay at home.
- Robust hand and respiratory hygiene.
- Enhanced cleaning and ventilation arrangements
- Students and staff should not attend the school site if they are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus. For a full list of symptoms, see NHS guidance here.
- Students and staff should also not attend the school site if they are self-isolating.
- If a child is experiencing Coronavirus symptoms, parents/carers must contact us as early as possible. Details of how to contact us can be found here. This will allow us to take appropriate next steps if necessary, in line with the government’s track and trace programme.
- Parents/carers must inform the school by 9.30 am if their child is going to be absent.
- Additional cleaning and sanitising will take place throughout the school day.
- Classrooms will be cleaned at the end of the school day and not used again until the next day.
Additional Measures and Information
- Please note that testing is available to all school staff and students.
To balance the need for increased ventilation while maintaining a comfortable temperature, the following measures are also in use:
- Increasing the ventilation while spaces are unoccupied (e.g. between classes, during break and lunch, when a room is unused).
- Rearranging furniture where possible to avoid direct drafts.
- Mechanical ventilation
Heating will be used as necessary to ensure comfort levels are maintained particularly in occupied spaces.
Please find attached any documentation relating on the school's plans during COVID-19.
If you are unsure if your child should attend school, please have a look at the symptom parental support tool below.
|COVID19 Risk Assessment and Action Plan from Sept 21||02nd Sep 2021||Download|
|Catch up Premium Plan Feb 21||15th Mar 2021||Download|
|LPS COVID19 Equality Impact Assessment for Staff and Pupils v2||02nd Dec 2020||Download|
|CLP Child Protection Policy For Schools Lakelands||05th Mar 2021||Download|