COVID-19 Safety Measures
We will be following government guidelines and taking all possible precautions to protect the health and safety of both students and staff.
Essential measures include:
- A requirement that people who are ill stay at home.
- Robust hand and respiratory hygiene.
- Enhanced cleaning and ventilation arrangements
- Active engagement with NHS Track and Trace.
- Formal consideration of how to reduce contacts and maximise distancing between those in school wherever possible and minimise the potential for contamination so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Students and staff should not attend the school site if they are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus. For a full list of symptoms, see NHS guidance here.
- Students and staff should also not attend the school site if they are self-isolating.
- If a child is experiencing Coronavirus symptoms, parents/carers must contact us as early as possible. Details of how to contact us can be found here. This will allow us to take appropriate next steps if necessary, in line with the government’s track and trace programme.
- Parents/carers must inform the school by 9.30 am if their child is going to be absent.
- Additional cleaning and sanitising will take place throughout the school day.
- Classrooms will be cleaned at the end of the school day and not used again until the next day.
Additional Measures and Information
- Additional PPE will be provided to use as per the risk assessment.
- Please note that testing is available to all school staff and students and we will follow government guidelines regarding track and trace measures and any suspected cases that occur in the school community.
To balance the need for increased ventilation while maintaining a comfortable temperature, the following measures are also in use:
- Increasing the ventilation while spaces are unoccupied (e.g. between classes, during break and lunch, when a room is unused).
- Rearranging furniture where possible to avoid direct drafts.
Heating will be used as necessary to ensure comfort levels are maintained particularly in occupied spaces.
Please find attached any documentation relating on the school's plans during COVID-19.
If you are unsure if your child should attend school, please have a look at the symptom parental support tool below.
|COVID19 Full Re opening March Risk Assessment and Action Plan v12||05th Mar 2021||Download|
|Covid 19 symptom parental support tool September 2020 SEC v7||14th Oct 2020||Download|
|LPS COVID19 Equality Impact Assessment for Staff and Pupils v2||02nd Dec 2020||Download|
|CLP Child Protection Policy For Schools Lakelands||05th Mar 2021||Download|