Local Governing Bodies are an essential element of our governance structure at the Chelmsford Learning Partnership. For the governance plan for Lakelands Primary School please click here.
Each school in our trust must have a Local Governing Body (LGB) and the role of the LGB is to:
- To support the vision of the Trust
- To govern admissions/exclusions/complaints
- To monitor and be accountable for standards in the school
- Monitoring the educational performance of the school/s and progress towards agreed targets
- To act as a critical friend to the school’s Leadership Team
- To represent the views of and engage with the local community
- To agree a draft budget every year and submit this budget to the trustees
- To monitor the performance of the budget
- To authorise expenditure up to agreed levels in the Financial Regulations
- To ensure that the academy delivers ‘value for money’
- To monitor appointments/appraisals of all academy staff excluding Headteacher/Head of School
- To oversee safeguarding procedures
- To monitor the School Improvement Plan
- To monitor and be accountable for the curriculum provision of the school
- To review and determine local policy
- To make representations to the Board of Trustees
The Chair of Governors is Roger Blundell, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on each section below to find out more about each of our governors.
Roger is the Chair of Governors for Lakelands Primary School appointed by the local governing body.
Term of Office: 2nd September 2020 to 1st September 2024.
Responsibilities include monitoring of the School Improvement Plan, the COVID-monitoring response and pay and performance. He is also Vice Chair of Trustees for The Chelmsford Learning Partnership.
Register of Business Interests: Director at educationRnR.
Rod is married with 2 grown up children. He has been a governor at a variety of schools for more than 30 years and is a member of several County Educational Committees. He looks forward to working with our school as it expands and develops
Ruth is the Chair of the Board of Trustees at CLP. Ruth was previously Chair of Directors at The Boswells School and had served on their governing body for over 35 years before stepping down to focus solely on the role of Chair of Trustees.. She has been a member of three Primary School IEBs assisting with their conversion to Academy status and she is currently Chair of Essex School Governors Association. Current Secondary Academy Governor member of Schools Forum. Ruth has a professional background in HMRC working within the HR and Office Procurement sections. Ruth sits on the Finance, Curriculum and Staff and Student Committees as well as being the link trustee for safeguarding.
It is a delight for Wendy to be on the governing body of Lakelands Primary School since education and working within the community are part of her DNA. She has served as a governor and Chair of Governors at St John's Primary School, and as a parent and teacher, she has always been involved in education in one way or another. Most recently, she taught at VI Form College, Colchester, for eleven years before training for ordination as a Priest in the Church of England. While ministering in Marks Tey and Aldham, Wendy was actively involved with St Andrew's Primary School. Now, having moved to Stanway in 2019 for her role as Pioneer and Community Priest with St Albright's Church, it is a privilege to join the learning partnership at Lakelands Primary School. She particularly likes the ethos of Lakelands Primary, and their moto: 'Be the Change'. We can't achieve a lot on our own, but by working together, we foster growth, learning and flourishing in ourselves and our community.