Local Governing Bodies are an essential element of our governance structure at the Chelmsford Learning Partnership. For information regarding the Trustees and Members of the CLP Board, please click here.
Each school in our trust must have a Local Governing Body (LGB) and the role of the LGB is to:
- To support the vision of the Trust
- To govern admissions/exclusions/complaints
- To monitor and be accountable for standards in the school
- Monitoring the educational performance of the school/s and progress towards agreed targets
- To act as a critical friend to the school’s Leadership Team
- To represent the views of and engage with the local community
- To agree a draft budget every year and submit this budget to the trustees
- To monitor the performance of the budget
- To authorise expenditure up to agreed levels in the Financial Regulations
- To ensure that the academy delivers ‘value for money’
- To monitor appointments/appraisals of all academy staff excluding Headteacher/Head of School
- To oversee safeguarding procedures
- To monitor the School Improvement Plan
- To monitor and be accountable for the curriculum provision of the school
- To review and determine local policy
- To make representations to the Board of Trustees
The Chair of Governors is Rod Lane, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on each section below to find out more about each of our governors.
Information regarding terms of office and businbess interests can be found further below, in the documents section.
Rod Lane (Chair of Governors)
Rod is married with 2 grown up children. He has been a governor at a variety of schools for more than 30 years and is a member of several County Educational Committees. He looks forward to working with our school as it expands and develops.
Louise Creek (Vice Chair of Governors)
Louise Creek is a parent governor.
It is a delight for Wendy to be on the governing body of Lakelands Primary School since education and working within the community are part of her DNA. She has served as a governor and Chair of Governors at St John's Primary School, and as a parent and teacher, she has always been involved in education in one way or another. Most recently, she taught at VI Form College, Colchester, for eleven years before training for ordination as a Priest in the Church of England. While ministering in Marks Tey and Aldham, Wendy was actively involved with St Andrew's Primary School. Now, having moved to Stanway in 2019 for her role as Pioneer and Community Priest with St Albright's Church, it is a privilege to join the learning partnership at Lakelands Primary School. She particularly likes the ethos of Lakelands Primary, and their moto: 'Be the Change'. We can't achieve a lot on our own, but by working together, we foster growth, learning and flourishing in ourselves and our community.
Neil's son and his classmates are the first children to attend Lakelands Primary School, something that the parent community are all very proud of. The building, facilities and technology are outstanding! From the outset it has been clear to see the school’s ethos and values were at the heart of everything they do.
Neil has got experience and knowledge in areas that will benefit the school and board of governors. He looks forward to working alongside and learning from those on the board with a wealth of experience. He also hopes to provide support to the school and look to provide a viewpoint from a parent's perspective to any matters raised.
List of Previous Governors (last 12 months)
- Ruth Bird
- Roger Blundell
- Kirstin Lowe
- Imran Chaudhry